Drawing Room, Sunday
Find me in the drawing room
At the Majestic Hotel
Hot toddy made with
The second-finest single malt
Curl smoke from roughest Beedies
Rather than clumsy cigars
Red velvet belted robe
Replaces the glen plaid
Hung behind the hardwood high back
The barman named Sunday
I tell him the day i was born
6:45AM if i recall Mother’s story
However unnecessarily, continue to explain,
I’m not sure exactly
Of the time in Kuala Lumpur or
Kinchasa where his family waits for
Remittance he exchanges as salve for
Pain of separation and expectation
And aching tolerance of the unroyal man
Who explains old culture and
Stumbling billiards to all within
Without hint of invitation, irony
Or a scrap gentle restraint
(Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2017)
Swirling years of bliss
Something in an eye(s)
Tells all the stories
Life in hotels, wandering alone and often blue and then the death of friends all converge in a series of poems including a song by Mikael Lewis about waiting for love in a Victorian hotel. Then, from the streets of Rome with a cappuccino comes a series about departed Rod H. Ash, including “Time Traveller” plus poetic riffs name-checking Charles Bukowski, Audrey Hepburn, Pete Best, the Fitzgeralds, Vatican’s Swiss guard and the post office by the Sistine Chapel and desert campfires.
Walk upstairs for: Lonely Cold Water Flat – Postcard #66
(13:39, 30MB, .mp3, stereo)
My dear friend K. did this remote Tarot reading for me as she’s done a few times previous. Posting (slightly edited for personal-ness) notes here for reference to future self.
I’ve been channeling you all day though. I’m wearing the purple calico shirt you left at Dane’s. I stole it from him the last time I was there. (It looks better on me anyway!) I’m also wearing your mom’s Birkenstocks and listening to the Grateful Dead.
I set up the space with a bunch of Dave O memorabilia and letters. I put the photo of you in your Chinese garb on my phone to watch over the shuffling, cutting and dealing of cards. Your energy was here in every way!
1.You: The Fool, one who walks without fear, you are attempting to manifest creativity, move toward wholeness and re-own your courage(how apt!)
2.Crossed by Love (2 of cups). I don’t think I need to define “love.” (Again, how apt!)
3.Distant past: Dominion (2 of wands) Drive to be a pioneer, dynamic energy, leadership ability.
4. Recent past: Peace (2 of swords) The mind is at peace on a subconscious level concerning two polarities, situations, or relationships.
5. The present: The Magus, the communicator. Gifted in areas of visual and auditory arts, mass media/ public relations.
6. Near future: Oppression (10 of wands) You are experiencing self-repression. There’s a fear you will not be understood or accepted. There’s determination to release this. Looking back ten years before may reveal the same feelings.
7. Present position: Debauch (7 of cups) Indicates a pattern of emotional overextension. You’re experiencing some depression and are trying to relieve the pain by overindulging.
8. Environmental factors (influence of others/ your influence on others): Satiety (10 of cups) Deep emotional satisfaction!!!
9.Hopes and fears: Death. DO NOT INTERPRET LITERALLY!!! It’s a great card! Something is ending and that makes way for a beginning. Like you said, you “burned down your old life” I also think you’re terrified of a new relationship ending badly.
10. Culmination: Science (6 of Swords). You have the gift of logical, rational thinking to communicate about something new that needs to be put forth in a clear, objective way to be understood and well received.
In conclusion: You seek a new love interest that is really satisfying, but you don’t want it to go up in flames. You are getting back to a place that you have that drive to create & communicate. Use your communication abilities to express yourself in a clear, rational way.
It’s kinda funny that you got no disks in this reading. Disks are related to health and wealth. I can only assume from this coincidence, that your path is mental, spiritual and emotional. Your physical world will take care if itself, if you take care of the other domains.
On that note, I’ll share your horoscope from my favorite eclectic wordsmith, Rob Brezsny.
“Just because you’ve become accustomed to a certain trouble doesn’t mean you should stop searching for relief from that trouble. Just because a certain pain no longer knocks you into a demoralized daze for days at a time doesn’t mean it’s good for you. Now here’s the good news: In 2018, you can finally track down the practical magic necessary to accomplish a thorough healing of that trouble and pain. Make this the year you find a more ultimate cure.
Until the time
If i had a clock i would count
Down the hours and so on
Now: 13,000,000 stars
… or whatever, but times change and time changes, thus making forward momentum mostly mandatory.