The other night while waiting on a 4 hour late train from Seattle, I strapped on the headphones and fired up the vappy for an editing fest. I worked on the next three and just published one.
The freshie is called “Drug Test Resistance in Belize”
On the back porch, Uncle Weed shares a personal message to the chooglers international followed by a spiel about tactics to resist a golf course incident induced corporate drug test using vigilance, friendly lawyers, a trip to Belize w/ broken wrist, and Tolstoy’s War + Peace.
I included a fat link pack about including my Drug Test research essay (.pdf), info on travelling to Caye Caulker Belize and photos from my trip to Belize back in 2001to Flickr with the Drug Test Resistance in Belize post.
Episodes up next are … (working titles – still need to do the album art and write up the blurbs and all that):
– the Taos hostage incident from Mayne Island (a long story with a contest announced at the end)
– the Dalai Lama Canadian Citizenship ceremony (this was really hard to edit because of the applause but i think i trimmed out an nice story and cut out the speech by Vancouver’s then-mayor and other cheeseheads and left in the gentle words of HHDL14)
I also got a start on “Festive musings from Wreck Beach” underway so expect a bonanza over the next little while.
The Crazy Canucks – TCC#42 – Special Report: DaveO on the 2007 Super Series – a bit stale now but John added some beats while make my historical spiel worth a listen if you weren’t paying attention see also: TCC#49 – It’s still early in the season
Postcards from Gravelly Beach – Part second to last of the White Poppies for Remembrance series with an essay about why not to wear a poppy (respect by avoiding war) and some more hand-selected tunes paired like a pinot noir and gorgonzola – Peace to Soldiers and Strangers – Postcard #48
Raincity Radio – i’ve resurrected an old series, previously shepherded by Mark Yuasa, Robert scales, Megan Cole and others .. so far busted out a healthy batch about web community building in Vancouver and elsewhere with guests including Jordan Behan, Marc Laporte, Boris Mann, Robert, Francis, Erik, Mark, etc.
Dopecast95: LIVE from Vancouver and Seattle!
My UK counterpart came to visit and we talked and toked and recorded it all for your listening pleasure. I offer half-asses analysis about the urban mileiu of Vancouver, forests, transportation, planning, politics, weed …
Canucks Outsider – third season is three episodes in with Shifting into Gear, Sorta – Canucks Outsider #58
Noteworthy – my personal podfather, Cosmo Goodbud Spacely of Clubside Breakfast Time Podcast started a new series Spacely’s Sprockets being a short literary snippet, a song or two and his most curious thoughts so Subscribe!
Canadian Podcast Buffet – In #74: Cross-country audio and portable recorders, podcast diplomat Mark Blevis came to visit Vancouver and recorded some snippets of me, the charming Bollwits Radio John, Miss 604 and the hilarious dudes from Suburban Transpondency & Foreskin Radio begging the question “why so many fine podcasters come from Surrey?”
discussion about the open soft/hard OpenMoko and other phones seeking to shake up the mobile industry (iPhone, rumoured Google phone) with Bryght’s Mr. Furley and PhP guru Audrey F.
Postcards from Gravelly Beach
Final chapter of the White Poppies for Remembrance series – out in time for Remembrance day – this “back cover” of the series features me spieling on about the remnants and artifacts of war and the folks pointing the troops to conflict and their motivations while wandering around London
Postcards from Radio Zoom
Radio Zoom John and I are planning a plan to bring the music i used in the WPfR series to his music-focused show.
World of Hurt – Drive by Truckers
White Daisy Passing – Rocky Votolato
Providence – Chris Jacobsen
Brokedown Palace – Grateful Dead
First Vietnam War/Snipers at the Gates of Heave – The Black Angels
Gone Beyond – Akron/Family
Be Joyful! –
ahh,… the i’ll jsut looka the White Poppies archive
another PfGB- more with Wm Lenker at the Woodshed this time a sort of John Sinclair inspired reading – seeking the right JS tracks to combo it with, Comso, you got some Sinclair beat tracks for me?
Choogle on!’s section of the Podcast Queue clean-out bonanza is nearing an end, next up (in no particular order):
– Numbskulz grow up – the third installment of these rocksters
– London last wander, maybe a bonus show about getting to London from vancouver with thoughts on NYC and elsewhere – might go under the Feasthouse label if not Choogley enough
– Herby’s tales of ganja growing and swinging at Wreck beach recorded in a grow room with Dopefiend
– with the leftovers, mix up a “big psychedelic mop-up tray” of all that’s left including a drunken (well me anyhow) discussion on the role of union in modern economy, some clips of the Dalai Lama’s Canadian citizenship ceremony, hanging out watching Seattle planes land with Cosmo, etc.
So this winter, move on to:
– Clayoquot recordings, water shortage, first nations reservation, skateboard comp, sitting in the woods with eagles perched overhead, wandering along trails, reading poetry and essays on clearcuts …
and record (possibly “instudio”) discourse on:
- War resistance – seeking refuge in Canada
- Marc Emery – extradition hearing status
- Immigrating to Canada – ways and means
- Growing weed in a small space – safe and personal
Another Urban Vancouver:
- HempC soda pop taste test
Next on Raincity Radio:
- Scales’ international business exploits to China, Blogworld and more
- Michael Fergusson about web communities for families and Facebook marketing Kinzin
- Boris and Francis about best practices for Drupal debuggin process management
- Dmitri, William, Colin at BAD Camp
Upcoming Olympic Outsider:
- a couple interviews which still need edited, release and all that with Duff Gibson and Crispin Lipscomb
All for now – Enjoy!
Originally appeared in (defunct) Heads Magazine — Uncle Weed’s Tokes on the Porch blog, October 16, 2007 #There are a few other post from that era but… servers changes, links break, images are misplaced — Yikes. So stash ’em all here too for the permanent record.
This summer i put the recorder on hiatus to focus (through my squinty eyes) on editing up the backlog of misadventures, missives and spiels gatherin’ lint over the past year. I certainly like curing the content for extra flavor (and to figure out how to best edit the story) but figure if i wait tooooo, long the shows will get musty smelling.
So, hunkered in the studio amongst tall trees by Mosquito creek in North Vancouver, I’ve brewed up shows from London, San Jose, Vancouver Island, New York City and my front porch since returning from my tri-coastal bizniss trippin’ to including a visit with Dopefiend at the Dope-den in London UK.
You Headsters will especially enjoy the Vapo-Hookah Royal Sampler – Choogle on #47 with me and Herr Meister Funboy on the porch giving a VapoCannon Vaporizer a thorough testing before switching to a porcelain hookah direct from Lt. Magnum USN in Baghdad.
We worked through 4+ different strains of the finest BC bud going including Renee, Lui and Sugar Mango. Shout out to Heads Magazine and you, the Tokes onthe Porch reader, included.
I also put the Happy Vappy through the paces and visited the maker in Happy Sunday with the Vappy Man – Choogle on #43. A real good daily user for around 2Benjamins ain’t bad for sure – Check out the Happy Vappy site for lowdown.
Coming up shows include:
- 2-part Interview with Kenyon Gibson, author of Hemp for Victory
- Another Interview with teenage rock savants The Numbskulz (Meet the Numbskulz – Choogle on #19)
- More on logging, water shortages and fish farming in Clayoquot Sound (multi-parter, part one is at Clayoquot Old-Growth Blockade Flashback – Choogle on #44)
- Japan Flashback and travel discourse (next up)
- A trip to the Richmond Asian Night Market
- Hemp soda at the EPiC eco-fair with taste testing
- Testing my beautiful Purple Kush plant (featured in the Purple Kush Micro Growtime – Choogle on #36)
- plus … a massive montage show to use up all the bits which don’t fit, didn’t get finished, got lost, too nutty or incriminating – including more of the infamous Poutine Lady
Thought you’d like to know … any prefs on which come out next?
Dopefiend and I enjoyed recording Midnight Riverside Joint with the Dopefiend – Choogle on #51 so much that we brewed up a custom message for Queer Ninja after listening to The Sounds of World Wide Weed 38 where he offers discourse on the meaning of choogle and rocking out some CCR among other hilarity and positive vibes.
Laugh along with Message to Queer Ninja from Uncle Weed and Dopefiend (.mp3, 3:36, 5MB)
[cross-posted from Choogle on Forum at The Grow Report]
I usually have little problem spieling on about cannabis or whatever related topic – even while taking a walk or on the seabus and shockingly, i am almost always coherent. Well, in the Purple Kush testing episode, i break my loquacious tradition and stumble along in a debilitated state of speechlessness after joints, vaporizers and hookahs of my beloved homegrown bud.
This almost went into the “lost tapes” pile but Queer Ninja’s adamant request encouraged me to dig it out and dust it off.
Glorious Purple Kush Testing Sessions Choogle on #49
Cousin Herb joins me for two testing sessions (one early in the cure and one later when the bud is perfect) and the second features me drooling on about a recent dentist visit and the struggle to toke with a frozen mouth along with some anecdotes about my horrible job hanging the Christmas lights.
While this one may not make it on the “Greatest Hits” album, you may love it and feel the cold Canadian winter being warmed with the finest herb.
Next up posting Thursday 4:20 PST as Dopefiend and I roast out on my porch, entitled Interrogating a Russian Over Drinks” – not too weedy but I do ask “everything you ever wanted to ask a Russian but were afraid to ask.”
… and in episode #51 is the long awaited Hemp for Victory interview with authour Kenyon Gibson – i wanted to make sure to collect lots of relevant links and notes to give this amazing book the attention it deserves.
Meanwhile be sure to check out Kenyon’s blog “Hemp for Victory” for news and opinions on hemp in the UK and around the world.