Just a fine trio playing tunes on the street in Vancouver’s West End. Don’t know the name of the band, nor the tune but sure do enjoy it.
A visit to Bali, Indonesia for a walk across the now infamous “Yellow Bridge” – made for pedestrians and scooters/bikes at certain time – which connected Nusa Ceningan with Nusa Lembongan in Bali. Indonesia. This clip show some workers repairing the ridge which sadly collapsed resulting in the death of many people – pilgrims returning from a day of silent prayer. Now replaced.
- Trip Advisor
- Bridge collapse in Bali kills nine, injures dozens
- Bali suspension bridge collapse kills eight people, including three children, and injures 30 others
- Deadly bridge collapse off Indonesia’s Bali island
- Bridge collapse near Indonesia’s Bali kills nine
- Bridge collapse on tourist island of Bali kills nine including three young children and injures dozens
- CRUSHED BY DEBRIS Three children among at least eight killed and dozens injured in Bali bridge collapse horror
HempenRoad film project – A travel documentary about commercial hemp industry in the Pacific NW in 1996-7.
Produced, written and narrated by DaveO, directed by Eiji Masuda, the Hempenroad is an experimental, multi-media roadtrip exploring commercial hemp businesses and conferences in the Pacific northwest. Finishes with exclusive footage of the groundbreaking Commercial Industrial Hemp Symposium in Vancouver, B.C.
- Reviews from Hempworld, Journal of IHA and more
- Production Journal – notes and pics from an almost real-time road note book
- Soundtrack Music – eclectic assortment of bits and pieces, collected over the years
- Most of the (unedited) narration text – read along at home!
- Uncleweed’s Vimeo
- Uncleweed’s Youtube
- Uncleweed’s Reelhouse
- CRRH’s HempTV collection of videos includes the complete video of Hempenroad
- Cannabis Culture’s Pot-tv.net
Dave discussing the Hempenroad with D. Paul Stanford on Portland TV program, Cannabis Common Sense episodes
Note: Cannabis Common Sense is the longest-running cannabis show on the net! Oregon, USA’s CRRH (Campaign for the Restoration and Regulation of Hemp) have produced this weekly show for cable TV in Oregon and for the net since 1997. Many Special Guests.
Add a Neil Young concert at Red Rocks Amphitheater in Morrison, Colorado, a group of Navajo activist share thoughts about an illegal land seizure of sacred land, and sing a song about their challenges.
Acoustic, Bluegrass inspired, ukulele, electric bass and Djembe drum band playing “I know you Rider” at Grateful Dead 50th anniversary Fare Thee Well shows in the grassy knoll outside Soldier Field, Chicago. July 4th 2015.
These lads are called the Whiskey Hickon Boys, from Utah.
Outside Solider Field in Chicago, thousands and upon thousands of Deadheads descending the surrounding parking lots, grassy knolls, museum steps and all points to commune, share music, hugs, sell items, and soak in the atmosphere which included this lovely little group of musicians.
NOTE: Recorded the evening before the 7.3 earthquake on 5/11/15.
Nepali restauranteur Raju Bhanttari and enthusiast DaveO talk about the challenges and successes of the relief efforts in Nepal and offer ideas to help at a grassroots level.
* Nepal Relief Dinners at Gurkha Himalayan Kitchen on Davie. St.
* Sandeep Giri’s and Gham Power’s “Rebuild with Solar” campaign
* Importance of maintaining awareness and outreach
* Reaching villages where aid is most needed
* Staying positive and optimistic and compassionate
* Also, Yak Tea and mo-mos.
Tiny Steps, Daily. Note links in annotations.
From a porch, I share a few rambling thoughts about the situation in Nepal, annotations about disasters and social media, and a few ways to help including: attending a Nepal relief dinner at Gurkha Restaurant on Davie Street; and, helping with a unique solar panel project with donations and or geek help.
A travel documentary about commercial hemp industry in the Pacific NW in 1996-7
With legalization in Washington and Oregon, and an ever-changing landscape in BC, this film shows the roots of a movement going from society’s fringes towards mainstream acceptance by exploring economic and environmental benefits.
Produced, written and narrated by DaveO, directed by Eiji Masuda, the HempenRoad is an experimental, multi-media roadtrip exploring commercial hemp businesses and conferences in the Pacific northwest. The film explores many uses of cannabis including fiber, paper, fuel, food, beer, medicine, as well as delving into the political and environmental issues around legalization.
Beginning in the clearcut Olympic peninsula, the film follows narrator Dave “Uncle Weed” Olson as he visits a variety of colourful personalities and interesting businesses.
Stops include: Victoria, BC; Eugene and Portland Oregon; and, Olympia and Seattle Washington, before finishing with exclusive footage of the groundbreaking Commercial Industrial Hemp Symposium in Vancouver, B.C.
Note: made in 1996 using footage captured by 16mm, Super 8, Hi8 tape, scans, 35mm stills, web video and editing with Adobe Premiere 1.0 on a 200Mhz Mac-clone and a 9Gb harddrive.
The HempenRoad features:
Victoria, British Columbia
* Ian Hunter (RiP), Sacred Herb & Victoria Mayoral candidate
* Sarah Hannah Bedard, Sacred Herb
* Odette Kalman, Ecosource
* Padra Almadi, Earthenware
* Eric Hughes, Zima foods
* Alice Bracegirdle, Zima foods
* Todd Dalotto, Hungry Bear
* Rose, Hairy Truth
* Carolyn Moran, Living Tree Paper
* Bruce Mullican, So Much Hemp
* Diedre Mullican, So Much Hemp
* D. Paul Stanford, CRRH
* Cheryl Kolander, Aurora Dye Works
* Chris Iverson, HempWiezen beer
* Charles Tomala, Jay Stewart, Scott Orr, OlyWa.net
* Bob Owen, WHEN
* Dennis Peron, Prop 215 (California) activist etc
* David Edwards, Earthgoods
* S. David Stunda, Earthgoods
* Cory Brown, Fremont Hemp Co.
* Rob Jungman, Manastash
* Khamphy S., Panther Manufacturing
* Tom Cluck, Belltown Hempery
* Fred Martin, Belltown Hempery
* Jill Etherington, Belltown Hempery
* Kristina Lynch, Belltown Hempery
* Aloha, Macrame
Vancouver, British Columbia
* Mari Kane, Hempworld
* Mosse Mellish, Greenman paper
* Geof Kime
* Jace Callaway
* Mark Parent
* Ryszard Kozlowski
* John Stahl
* Brian McClay
* Brian McLay
* Alexander Sumach
* Jean Peart
* David Watson
* Brian Taylor
* Sotos Petrides, Wiseman Noble
* and other speakers and audience members at the Commercial Industrial Hemp Symposium
HempenRoad Soundtrack includes:
* Phat Sidy Smokehouse
* Chris Sullivan
* Bread Mountain
* 420 Love
* Chris Jacobsen
* Old Time Relijun
* Collective Shoe
* J. Williamson Ensemble
* Systolie Diastolie
* and more . . .
Digitalized for the web by Bread 420.