NOTE: Cross-posted from Fearless City.
Donate your old mobile phones to help DTES artists share stories, and tap into life, jobs & family.
How can you help?
- Your used mobile phones – preferably with video, camera, wi-fi
- Cash donations (* tax deductible) or new phone donations
- Conversation – tell your friend on your blog, twitter, etc. – post a badge
Action Plan: First, Gather phones! Collect all the un-used mobile phones at your office and home – dig into your boxes of stuff, ask you friends! Digital cameras gratefully accepted too.
Next, Arrange Pick-up:
- Let us know via Twitter: Fearless City, email: info (at) fearlessmedia (dot) ca, Phone/SMS: 604.644.4349, Voice mail: 604.682.3269 xt 8320
- We’ll come by on purple Yahoo bikes on Tues. Dec. 23rd & 30th to collect your devices
- We’ll take your photo, bring treats, and thank you publicly with a link
Or, Drop-off (after Tuesday, 23rd) at:
- Roundhouse Community Centre – 181 Roundhouse Mews
- Pathways – 390 Main Street (kitty corner from the Canegie)
- Raincity Studios – 1 Alexander St. @ Water st.
Want to be a drop-off point? Let us know.
Even send by Postal Mail to: Fearless City
c/o DTES CAN
PO Box 88023
418 Main St
Vancouver, BC V6A 4A4
- Remove your chip, and clear your contacts before donating (all phones will be completely cleared before released).
- Please include chargers and accessories – used digital cameras also welcome, batteries too!
- Unusable phones will be donated to FreeGeek for reuse and recycling
Who is Fearless? Fearless is a Vancouver Non-Profit group providing tools, resources, and cultural outreach to artists and residents in the impoverished downtown Eastside neighbourhood. Fearless is a project of the DTES Community Arts Network (CAN)
- About Fearless City
- Fearless City wiki
- Fearless City community site
- Fearless City Youtube channel
- Fearless City Flickr photos
- Fearless City Flickr group
- DTES on Wikipedia
Tags: Vancouver | homeless | Art | mobile | Change | artist | homelessness | donation | help | donate | street | Downtown Eastside | Raincity Studios | Gadgets | CELL | PHONES | solutions | DTES | Tech & Biz | art culture