Following all the shenanigans of the Kerouac in Kobe event in 2021 , including:
- “Kerouac in Kobe” – *On the Road scroll* in Japan / video interview + exhibit
- Dossiers of Kerouac in Kobe (& me in Okayama) to global beats
- “Kerouac in Kobe” in Allen Ginsberg project round-up & Beat Museum + poets of note
- Rock and the Beat Generation interview (+ usual poets & postal)
- Jack Kerouac Exhibit in Kobe: books, typewriters, vibes
- Hit the road with Kerouac – from New York to Kobe (or something like that)
- “On The Road” to Kobe for Kerouac – scroll exhibit and story workshop
- Assembling Kerouac Dossiers and Poetic Letters, in the Kura #video
- Kerou-whacked / On The Road exhibit in Kobe, cancelled (not shocking)
- Kerouac Comes to Japan / overview of storymaking workshop
… i joined up with the International Beat Studies Association – or rather sent them $40 and heard nothing and received nothing so i *guess* i am – or was – a member, so i received the Journal of Beat Studies (with the seemingly-obligatory faux typewriter typeface title on cover) and inside with an article about the Kerouac exhibit including my idea about exploring JK as a “community wrangler” by Prof Matt Theado, who is again featured in the “Kerouac in Kobe” – *On the Road scroll* in Japan / video interview (its all very meta).
Anyhow, there was a snapshot accompanying the article with Prof M. Theado, Kaori Misyashita-Theado – the two of whom were critical catalysts of the exhibit and accompanying conference, along with me and Ryoko Olson snapped by a museum helper in front the exhibjit entrance.
We are identified as “Two friends (and Kerouac fans)”. Duly, archived here as yet another almost delicate brush with anonymous immortality, just out here living beat ya know :)