Charter member medallion / memento with tile (from the roof?) of the then-new Experience Music Project (now Museum of Pop Culture, was also: Experience Music Project and Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame (EMP|SFM) and later EMP Museum) building in Seattle Center, along with “Acoustic Duo” charter member card (purchased with brother Dan).
Admitting my affection for the GoGos at the final night party of Gnomedex at Experience Music Project, I check in with Jay aka Cosmo G Spacely the Unabonger, Jacob from Arkansas and the lovely Dingo to recap the event whilst lounging at the bar.
* PT’s (of Make Magazine) rapid hardware hacks
* Ethan Kaplan’s (at the time at Warner Brothers) views on the music industry and REM stories
* Some disagreement between veterans including Dave Winer and some upstarts about the “way things should be done”
* Tara Hunt and Chris Messina (then of Citizen Media) and the advantage of keeping companies small (i.e. 80 10lb spider monkeys vs an 800lb gorillas)
* Werner Voegels (CTO of Amazon) introducing the concept of cloud storage and delivery
* The variety of companies here between big and small, and absent and here, including Yahoo, Google, Intel and the love of Flickr
* Meeting new friends including Jacob from Arkansas who shares a birthday with Cosmo
* Kum By Ya singing
* Dave Dederer (ex Presidents of the United States of America) jam session
* EMP’s Sci-Fi exhibit
* Props for Chris Pirillo