Project: Upon turning 50 years old on August 16, 2020, Dave Olson (me, hello) is posting a photo (or maybe photos) a day / per year – starting with 1970 with intent of chronicling existence through various primary evidence sourced from studio portraits, class photos, ID / passport photos, or occasionally other “casual/group/random” shots when the above don’t exist in my archive (note: not “artificial intelligence,” really me, pulled from shoeboxes, journals, wallets and whatnot – diligently scanned and dated via glasses and haircuts, lightly annotated).
Unabonger who describes my video artifact thusly:
“Uncleweed guards the stash, and leaves a video diary entry on my recorder while i go back to the garage to get the room key I forgot.”
While waiting for a new key from security, I recap Day 2 of Gnomedex including riffs on:
* Ethan Kaplan (then of Warner Brothers) ideas about the fan and band hierarchy
* Tara Hunt (born in Saskatoon) sharing her ideas about small and social business (note: Chris Messina was not her husband as i stated)
* Dave Winer who got grumpy about the dude from Firefox but laid out his future vision
* Chris Pirillo asking for feedback about his new idea TagJag
* Experience Music Project with an exhibit comparing and contrasting art from different eras
* Singing Oh Canada with the other Canucks on site (Darren Barefoot, Derek K. Miller et al)
Whilst at Gnomedex conference in Seattle in 2008, with Nat at the wheel, and a batch of geeks aboard, we head out in a propane-powered heavily modified school bus to get some art, have some tokes and share some laughs. Riders included a roster of exceptional humans including Amber Case, Dave Delaney, Marcus Whitney, Jay Stewart and more (see below).
With art acquired, we rolled around town including a stop whilst a draw bridge let a boat through and we goofed around with (at the time) new tech tools like iphones and digital recorders.
Riders aboard included:
Amber C @caseorganic
Jay S @theunabonger
Kris K @kk
Dave D @davedelanany
C Suspect @csuspect
Alex W @alexwilliams
Nat T @blarneyrabble
Marcus W @marcuswhitney
+++ other remarkable folks who are forever bound by this ride…
However, this ephemeral video does not properly represent any of the above :( but roll for a moment anyhow.