As it goes, while looking for something else, I came across a diary from 2005 – published in a proto-blog software (w/o RSS) made by Ben Livingston and hosted by Jay Stewart – or something like that… anyway… for whatever reason I can’t find the original text but oddly, there is a screenshot of “entry #5”.
Notable because of the monumental tasks checked down the list like no big deal.
- Was days of running Zhonka Broadband ISP, making documents of all sorts
- Alluding to starting “Postcards from Gravelly Beach” and “Choogle on with Uncle Weed” pods (check and check)
- Moving to Bernice’s double wide on Gravelly Beach road
- Doing renovations on the Puget Street house and sore back after a bit of shock seeing the police shakedown unsuspecting neighbour kids coming out of their house and laying them down in the middle of the road with guns drawn for no fcking reason(!)
- Writing letters of judicial political support (lotta lobbying in those days)
- Adding links to a website (hello here we are)
- Thinking about starting on oil paintings (done) and a novel length project (not done)
Yep, all that like its no big deal.
Oh of course, what i was reading at the time (Salinger bio, Keroauc, Dostoevsky, Hemingway) – note namecheck for Last Word Books – and digging clams
Around the same time I also wrote the LSAT (law school admission test) studying for which is notably not on the list.
Anyhow, always be archiving.