In a collection of transitory reminiscences, Dave O rolls on from rainy North Van by taxi down venerable Granville St. down the spine of to YVR with indigenous dioramas. Then travels by plane to Gatwick Airport, continuing via train to Victoria Station, then by another taxi to Piccadilly Circus passing notable London sites along the way. And recapping visits to New York neighbourhoods, San Jose developments, importance of stimulating road literature, podcast faves, outstanding Vancouver activities, worthy podcasts, street music, thoughts on going with the flow, healthy breakfasts and provocative TV in London.
Flag a ride for: Taxi Flashbacks Towards Gatwick – Postcard bonus (.mp3, 58:08, 47MB)
- Clayton the Seabus Busker
- + other unidentified buskers
- and Larry Harper
- Literature for the road: James Joyce‘s “The Dubliners,” Haruki Murakami, Samurai William
- Podcasts with goodness – Dick n’ Jane’s, Radio Zoom, CBC Dispatches, Dopefiend, BBC In our Time
- Canada RAV line/ Cambie St.
- Civil City ordinances in Vancouver – ‘Progress’ report about the Civil City
Mayor Sam Sullivan called former provincial attorney general Geoff Plant’s report “very impressive” and his fellow NPA councillors joined in the praise. The minority Vison/COPE faction continued to worry the project could criminalize poverty and called Plant’s work a waste of time and money.
The Civil City project passed last year calls for the elimination of homelessness, the open drug market and aggressive panhandling, starting with 50 per cent reductions in all three by 2010.
- Pitch and putt courses
- Lynn Valley Suspension bridge
- Miss 604’s Cheap and Fun Vancouver Activities
- Vancouver fireworks
- Commercial drive Car-free fest
Auto-magically receive Postcard from Gravelly Beach podcast, via:
- PfGB RSS feed
- PfGB iTunes
- PfGB Google Play
- PfGB Tunein
- PfGB at Daveostory
- + possibly more at Pod Sub Desk
Reviews rewarded with actual postal postcards #bribe