A bit of bummer to say the least … up 2-0 we seemed to be driving the bus safely back the garage but alas, … the Ducks rallied with a couple to force OT and before we could get the OT mojo working, the game was over and the Nucks find themselves at the precipice – holding the short end of the stick in a 3-1 series.
The Alive for the Playoffs event last night had some technical difficulties but we played through it the best we could (i admittedly was not in game shape). Really enjoyed the communication via multiple channels (Ustream, IRC, Skype, phone) and knowing that fans around the world are in tough with us.
Maddog McCarthy tuning in from Pacifica (hear Maddog talk about Nepalese politics on “Mission to the Homestead and Himalayas – Choogle on #30”Maddog was my amigo in Japan during the 94 cup run.
Happy Funtime Thanks to:
- Crazy Canucks cohorts Miss 604 ‘The Surrey Girl’ for her insight and vibe plus iowa John of RadioZoom for geeking out and taking the mic for a spell
- Hot Wheel Jason of the Kittamat (what were they called again?) & Elastic Path for space
- BC Floorball’s The Fossil for extra witty punditry (write blog post about the Blazers since you are the know-it-all).
- JMV (?) the mysterious Flickr photog i didn’t get to say goodbye to – great pre-game craft time and general good humour
- Mr. Furley for running the board and being responsible for random non sequiters
Plus cheers to Karl from the ‘Peg, Bob Sugar, Aussie Tom for coming along as well as “regulars” GZ Expat, Austrailian guy, Dan Funboy, Radio Bread, SillyGwaillo and you!
These are coming at some point … can anyone remember the topics i needed to link to? Here’s a sart (ugh ‘ll never get around to this …)
- Curt Fraser and Glen Hanlon both coaches of the Belarus national team
- World Champioship – Team Canada roster – Division C recap
- Manitoba Moose win Game 7!!
- Cory Schneider at Boston College
- Harry Neale and Roger Nielson – coaches of the Canucks in 82
- Vancouver Voodoo and the coach Dave ‘Tiger’ Williams
- New West Bruins comepting for the Stanely Cup(?) Queen’s Park arena
- Denman Arena – the now non-existent home of the Vancouver Milliionaires – winners of the Stanley Cup in 1915
- Game 7 Wild Times in Surrey video clip
- Bob and Doug Mackenzie’s upcoming 1 hour 24-er special
Misc Media Roundup
- Dave O in Vancouver Courier
- Miss 604 Rebecca in the Province
- Crazy Canucks on CTV
- Roland and Dave on CBC Radio One
- Dave, John & Rebecca on Get Connected on CKNW
Stay On Board Outsiders! This Canucks Bus ain’t stalled out yet!
Will likely see ya Alive for Game 5!
Well… technically this is a small turkey … Enjoy