Starting from our adorable local “Momotaro” airport in Okayama Japan, me (Dave) and my darlings Ryoko and Ichiro head to my former hometown of Vancouver and Victoria, British Columbia, Canada aboard ANA (we’re shareholders but no big deal :)).
Part 1 mixed-media montage includes:
* first night in Richmond hotel with giant coffees and croissants
* off to “south of Fraser” for family times in Langley
* spontaneous barbecue with pals in Cloverdale and other variety of foods, more food and setting up a Japanese food corner
* making special packets of commemorative postcards with nieces and nephews
* White Rock beach for fish and chips and sunset
* Amtrak Cascades train chooglin’ through
* Surrey Eagles playoff hockey game with Zamboni
* mission to Mission for sight of Kamel Gill’s last stand with his brother Charlie (in which many mysteries are revealed)
* more food, presents, relaxing times with Grammy & brother/cousins/etc.
* plants, trees, nurseries, landscaping equipment, & spaces to run around
* stop for donairs while heading onto next “checkpoint” which is downtown Vancouver/West End for Stanley Park etc.
* finally, arriving at hotel with the sight of a construction site across the street to Ichiro’s amusement
Next chapter: exploring Vancouver downtown scenes and lots of meet up with friends – and variety of weather – in Stanley Park and spontaneous tea ceremony at hotel
Thanks to: everyone who helped us along the way
Bits of music: “Amazing Grace” performed by Ani DiFranco