- 13 blood test
- 2 immunization boosters
- 3 dental fillings
- 3 prescriptions
- 1 vitamin injection
- 2 molded ear plugs
- 1 red curry
- 2 Thai tea
- 1 cappuccino
- 2 cigarillos
Post offices are a happy places for me. I love to send cards and letters… If you want to get in on the fun, submit deets via the “postal club“ form (no guarantees + discretion assured).
Sending treats to friends and strangers hoping it will transmit a virtual hug, via #Airmail. Today’s batch includes Latvia, Singapore, Olympia, Logan, Mexico and who knows where else… How are you feeling? Do you need a treat? If so, fill out the “postal club” form.
Of course, letters and postcards aren’t the only way to send a delightful dispatch to a distant friend… as another Canadian said “the medium is the message” as such, message depends on the medium. As such, choose the medium for your message to evoke emotion and put the story, no matter how brief, in a pleasing context.
Of course, the most critical part of postcards and letters are: a proper address to send it to, and a friend to write.
Also, I like to think about all the hands which touch the card as it makes the journey from my writing desk to a happy (I expect) recipient who peeks in their post box / letter slot and see something other than a utility bill or an bulk/junk mail from a real estate agent.
I also wonder how the “hand off“ in international mail works from one country to the next. Do the workers peek at the – almost illegible – scribble on my postcards? Do they wonder who wrote the missives and who the recipient is? . Do you think about these logistics & vagaries? Or is it just me? .
So many years now
Trying, climbing, sliding
Up the slides of a slippery well
Fighting, accepting, relenting
Leaves with only
Exhaustion from the inevitable slide
- ddonatIs there more than just exhaustion? Does the struggle provide meaning?
- uncleweed@ddonat Nope, all that “whatever doesn’t kill me, makes me stronger” I’m calling bullshit on. It’s just the #fibromyalgia crash carousel of frustration
- ddonatI’ve been going through deep depression. Eventually, I decided to get help. I’m now medicated, getting counselling and doing my best to get out of it. I hope there is light at the end. I don’t have fibromyalgia, but I hope there is something better through my struggle. I’m a bit proud that I’m still hear fighting.
- ddonat@ddonat I have hope in that you’re still fighting
- stew255KBO – sometimes it’s lower case, some times it’s upper case !
- nabspatCounting on signals
Walking, crawling, remembered,
Forget the weaponsHearts and minds, outstretched
Strip dust and distance, unbound-
You. Posture beloved.
- auxinafenicaMakes me mad to know awesome people have to go through this. Sending you and whomever struggles with huge fights a huge huge huge hug.
Documenting artifacts of the past for the future.