Blurb: Whether blog article, photo, video, podcast – social media should tell a story. The best stories are retold and shared with others, and the very best stories create conversations which might live on for generations.
How does a content creator elevate their work from craft to art? The same creative parameters apply whether the delivery method is digital or analog or both. When applied with vigour, the work elevates to something beyond an ephemeral musing.
Using a mixed-media project called “Letters from Russia” as an example, Dave discusses practical tactics for harnessing inspiration, plotting the big picture, grinding out the “real work”, and finally creating a satisfying tangible artifact.
Including the role of blogs, podcasts, reader interaction, RSS, and self-publishing with chapbooks and/or on-demand web services as efficient methods of sharing and distributing the project to an audience.
Build your book with: “Letters from Russia” – a preso from Northern Voice (48MB, 34:31, 192k mp3)
- Letters from Russia Recap from Northern Voice 09
- Letters from Russia preso video from Northern Voice
- Letters from Russia on Santa Cruz Free Radio
- Background notes on Letters from Russia
- Letters from Russia related images on Flickr
- Northern Voice 2009 Dave Olson Letters from Russia (by Miss604)